Asked Questions

How close is Stateside to campus?

Stateside is located minutes from Western Washington University — only a quick walk or bike ride to campus.

Where is Stateside located?

929 N. State St.
Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone (360) 762-3972

Is parking available?

Yes, we have several parking options available. Contact us for details!

What are individual leases?

With individual leases, you are only responsible for your (or your student’s) rent. You aren’t liable for your roommate’s rent at all! Unlike a traditional lease or a joint lease, if your roommate transfers, graduates, or fails to pay their rent, it does not affect you or your lease. College students have enough to worry about. An individual lease is one less thing!

How does roommate matching work?

Stateside offers free roommate matching to our residents. You won’t have to worry about finding a roommate online or passing out flyers around the entire campus — we’ll do the work for you! All you have to do is simply fill out a questionnaire.

Do I need renters insurance?

In our efforts to continue striving to create a safer living environment for your son or daughter, we now require all residents to carry an active renters insurance policy during their lease term. Requiring renters insurance has become a common practice throughout both on- and off-campus student apartments to adequately protect students’ belongings such as textbooks, phones, electronics, and other valuables. Our research has found that most of these items, if damaged or stolen, fall under your homeowner’s deductible, so there is no coverage in place. A renters insurance policy also works to protect you from liability exposure created while your child is away from home such as negligent damage to the apartment, negligent damage to another resident’s property, or even injuries to guests while visiting. Renters insurance provides peace of mind and protection from the unforeseen events that sometimes occur. For your convenience, we’ve identified a national insurance provider that has agreed to provide a comprehensive policy to residents at our communities at a preferred group rate!

Why should I get renters insurance?

Renters insurance is required to move into Stateside. It protects your personal property from fire, theft, or natural disasters. eRenterPlan is the insurance company that is provided through Stateside for $15 per month. You also are allowed to provide your own proof of renters insurance.

How do I pay my rent?

You may pay your rent with a credit card or a bank account via online payments. Besides online payments, you can also pay in the office or mail a check or money order to:

929 N. State St.
Bellingham, WA 98225

For online payments, visit the Residents page and click the Pay Rent button. Please note: You will need to contact the office for your account number for initial setup.

What are the leasing terms?

Stateside offers a full-year lease that begins on September 17, 2022 and ends on August 31, 2023. Additional fees apply, contact the Leasing Office today for details and availability.

What if I want to move in before that?

An early move-in might be possible for an additional fee. Contact the leasing office for more information.

What utility accounts do I need to establish? What is included?

Internet, water, sewer, and trash are included in your rent. Limitations apply.

What happens if I drop out of school or decide to move and need to vacate early? Can I get off the lease?

No. The best solution would be to find someone to take over your lease. You will need to notify the leasing office that you are interested in finding a replacement for your lease, and the staff can provide you with further details for the process. It is the resident’s responsibility to find a replacement.

Are you pet friendly?
Yes, we do allow pets (and love them), so your furry friend is more than welcome! Contact us for details.
Do you have furniture available?

All apartments are furnished. Included furniture varies by floorplan and may include:

  • Full-size bed
  • Desk
  • Desk chair
  • Dresser
  • Modern couch
  • Side chair
  • Side table
  • Ottoman coffee table
  • Media credenza
  • 55” smart TV
  • Bar stools

Please contact leasing office for specific details.

What is the resident portal?

All of our residents and their guarantors have access to our online resident portal to assist with paying rent and submitting maintenance requests — all just a few clicks away.

How can I arrange to see an apartment?

You can schedule your virtual or in-person tour here.

What kind of information will Stateside need from me to process my rental application?

To complete an application and rental agreement, you will need a state-issued photo ID.

What is my mailing address?

Building A
903 N State Street
Bellingham, WA 98225

Building B
929 N. State St.,
Bellingham, WA 98225

Where do I pick up my mail?

Residents have access to a large mailroom and a smart, simplified package delivery system.

How do I connect to the internet?

Each bedroom has an internet port, and you will need to supply your own Ethernet cord. The building will have wireless routers installed for connecting wireless devices.

How do I submit a maintenance request?

You can submit a maintenance request using our automated maintenance request system. Just visit the Residents page and click on the Request Maintenance button.

What if I have a maintenance emergency and it can't wait until morning?

If something is broken in your apartment and requires immediate attention and it is after office hours, please call the maintenance emergency number ASAP and our maintenance staff will be out in a jiffy! Please note that non-emergencies will be billed to the resident for after-hours services, including lockouts. The maintenance emergency number is (360) 762-3972. Residents need to follow prompts.

Can I paint the walls/attach stuff to them with duct tape?

When you move out, the apartment should look the same way it did when you moved in, minus normal wear and tear. If tape has caused paint to be removed from the walls, you could be charged. You are not allowed to paint or change the color of your walls.

I don't want some piece of furniture that came in the apartment. What should I do with it?

You will need to keep the living room and bedroom furniture that comes with the apartment. You can choose to store it in your unit.

When I leave, does everything in the apartment need to look exactly the way it did when I moved in?

Except for normal wear and tear, the apartment must be returned to the same condition as it was when you took possession of it. Tape should be removed carefully so as not to peel off the paint.